Monday, August 15, 2016

Why I Stoped Using Dstv for zuku. DO NOT BUY DSTV.

On sat 13th Aug 2016, I called Dstv customer service so that they could assist to set my account from compact to compact plus package. To my surprise, I was shocked to hear that my dstv account had a pending bill amounting to 3,700/=. They requested me to pay for the pending bill first so that I could have my account ready for a new subscription. I asked the lady on the phone a question on how a prepaid account could have attracted a pending bill. She explained to me that there was a system upgrade and my account was not disconnected during the month of July. To me it did not make much sense because they were doing the system upgrade for their own convenience and it actually ended up inconveniencing me as well as other customers. As a prepaid customer, I subscribe for services when I have money to do it. Its therefore a violation of customer right to subscribe a customer for a service he is not willing to subscribe or budgeted for. With the dstv case, its very clear that the company has a clear intention to manipulate its customers unlawfully.  If indeed there was a system upgrade to be done, It was supposed to happen without affecting customers account billing system. During the EPL season, they have never extended me even for one hour without disconnecting me while my account is due. Its very reasonable to say that, dstv managers wants us to pay them subscriptions for the the previous months when there were no football matches and very few people subscribed to their highly priced services. My advice to anyone planning to use buy a dstv package, be warned. You will be exploited!!!!!!. As of now, am using zuku services. I am hoping that they will be able to get a license to show EPL football.

No comments:

Post a Comment